Food losses in dairy and avocado chains have huge economic and environmental implications. The FORQLAB partners study the options to reduce these losses and improve product quality though technological and governance solutions. In this final phase of the FORQLAB collaboration, the partners organise a photo competition for their agricultural students and cooperative members to visualise the solutions and conclude the project with a festive event: a photo exhibition!
Register now to capture the essence of challenges and successes in mitigating food loss along the dairy and avocado sectors in Kenya.
See below some answers to frequently asked questions about the competition:
- Who can join the competition?
The competition is open only for agriculture students from the FORQLAB consortium universities and farmers from the participating cooperatives societies. See the list on the competition flyer.
- What is the deadline for submitting photo(s)?
Ensure that you submit your photos by March 31 2024 23:59 ( EAT)
- How many times can I submit an entry?
- Each person is allowed to submit a maximum of two photos for every entry category in the competition.
- How do I submit photo(s)?
- Use the Pollunit platform to submit your photo(s). Please ensure maximum quality of the photo and also that you get consent of the people if (any appear) on the photo(s).
- Who is the jury?
The jury is composed of experts in the dairy and avocado value chains alongside two professional photographers.
- When is the awards ceremony?
The awards ceremony will take place between 22-26 April 2024. The exact date and venue will be communicated here.
- Is your question not answered or you Want to know more about FORQLAB?
You can get more information about FORQLAB on the FORQLAB community page